As passed by membership 5 December 2015 (changes in red)
Article I: Mission Statement
All decisions, regulations, and judgments shall serve the purpose of the mission statement.
Offer the average weekend angler: 1) an affordable and fair outlet for bass fishing competition 2) improve our skills as bass anglers 3) friendly fellowship and the friendly exchange of bass-catching techniques and ideas.
Article II: Membership
Section 1: Number of Members
Limited to 20 members.
Section 2: Requirements for Membership
To become a club member, a person shall:
1. Fill out membership application found on club's website
2. Be voted on by membership after fishing with the club at least once in an official club outing. Voting will not be held in the candidate’s presence and will be in accordance with Section 6. Applicants will fish as guest (fish will not count in final weigh-in).
Section 3: Removal of membership
A member shall be removed from the club membership roll for any one of the following: (a) Failure to pay dues. (b) Any action’s detrimental to the club or sport (c) Any action that disrespects a member of the club (d) any rule infraction to club bylaws or state laws, or unsafe boating practices (e) abandonment, failure to participate in club events
Section 4: Dues
1. A $100 club fee must be paid each year; dues are not prorated and are due by the first club meeting of the year (for new members when voted into the club) Members may not fish until fee is paid in full.
2. Dues will used where needed as approved by membership.
Section 5: Meetings of Members
1. The membership shall hold 5 meetings at pre-established times. Two points will be given for attendance for the first 3 meetings, the preclassic meeting and end of season awards ceromony are not points awarding events.
2. Meetings will be ran by the board of directors and will publicly address any club issues, concerns, or needed improvements. Any club member can voice their opinion and request a vote.
Section 6: Voting
1. All votes must include a min of 50% of the active membership base.
2. Any vote of creation requires a simple majority (at least 51%).
3. Any vote of change requires a super majority of 2/3.
4. All votes to add/remove members or impeach officers require a super majority of 2/3.
5. Membership votes to override presidential veto require a 3/4 vote.
6. All votes (except new member vote) must be held at official meetings.
Section 7: Active and Nonactive Membership
1. Active members are defined as members who have participated in at least 50% of eligible tournaments. Only active members have voting rights.
2. Nonactive membership may be granted by the Board of Directors to any paying member in good standing once the member misses over 50% of eligible tournaments. Time period may not exceed 12 months. Longer absences may result in removal from membership due to lack of participation.
Article III: Officers, elections, Vacancies and Eligibility
Section 1: Officers and their Duties
In the case that an officer is absent while duties are required, the action will be carried out by any member of the board of directors. The officers of this club shall consist of:
President: Presides over all regular club meetings and directs all official business. Supervises all club functions. Does not vote, but receives a veto right to any vote even during absence (see Article II Section 6 to override).
Vice President: Assumes duties of president in his absence, additionally, the Vice President is entitled to voting rights as any other member and does not inherit the presidential voting rights.
Tournament Director: Plan, organize and be in charge of operating all club tournaments. Draft tournament schedules and rules, which must be approved by the general membership. Keep tournament records, enforce all tournament rules, and investigate all protests concerning tournaments and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
Treasurer: Collects and disburses all monies. Maintains financial records and reports which is presented at each regular meeting. Prepares an annual audit for review by the club Board of Directors.
The above club officers shall constitute the Club Board of Directors. Any club decision that does not fit into the bylaws may be voted on by the full BoD and passed with a majority.
Section 2: Elections
The election of officers shall be held every odd year at the end of season meeting. Member must receive a simple majority (51%) vote.
Section 3: Term of Office
The term of each office shall be two years, which shall begin and end at the first yearly meeting.
Section 4: Vacancies
In the event of a vacancy, a temporary replacement may be chosen by the president until an election can be held (within 6 months of vacancy) to fill the remaining term of office.
Section 5: Impeachment
Impeachment strips the office position. A club officer must be found in violation of one of the following infractions to be considered: (a) Any action that is identified in Article II section 3, (b) failure to attend at least half of club functions (c) failure to uphold the position duties (d) any action that goes against the club’s mission statement
Article IV: Tournament Rules and Regulations
Section 1: Yearly tournaments
There shall be 12 yearly tournaments counting for end of year points. The year shall be split in 3 seasons consisting of 4 tournaments each: Spring, Summer, and Fall. A champion will be named each season and will qualify for the end of year champions classic.
Section 2: Tournament rules:
1. 100% Livewell checks shall be conducted by a BoD
2. Members arriving late must find a club member on the lake before fishing for livewell check
3. Members leaving early must find a BoD on the lake for an on-site weigh in.
4. Participants shall not fish within 100 feet of another boat. Period.
5. Participants may be within 100 feet of each other provided at least one is not fishing.
6. No live bait, no trolling, and no more than one line in the water at a time.t
7. Participants must be within the no wake zone from the launch ramp at tournament end time. A .50 pound per minute penalty will be enforced until member is within no wake zone. Fish caught after competition time will not count. Breakdowns are exempt from any penalties, member shall contact a fellow member for assistance.
8. Nonboaters will draw names at the preseason meeting to determine their boater for each tournament within the given season.
9. Lifevest and kill switches must be worn while boat is on plane. All members fish at their own risk.
10. Members cannot recieve on the water informtion from non club members.
11. Only 3 fish per angler may be held in live well at any time.
12. Violations of any rules or state/local regulations shall be grounds for disqualification and possible loss of membership
Section 3: Weigh In
1. Only 3 fish may be weighed in per person. The tournament director will issue a 4 ounce penalty for dead short, and/or illegal fish brought to the weigh in. Dead fish cannot be culled. Illegal and short fish will be rejected at weigh in.
2. Weigh-in bags are the only approved method to bring fish to scales.
3. All weighed in fish must be immediately released.
4. Min length for all bass will be 12"
5. A tiebreaker shall be determined by the weight of the largest fish.
Section 4: Guest
Participants may bring guest on a space available basis only. Guest may fish but they will not participate in the tournament and may not keep bass in the livewell. The same guest may only fish twice in one year, and members are only authorized to bring guest 6 times a year. Guest may not bring their boats and they must not be a professional angler or guide. Family are exempt from the guest limit cap.
Article V: Champions Classic
Section 1: Classic
There shall be an end of year tournament, following the last season. Members must qualify to participate. Tournament details will be decided during regular season meetings.
Section 2: Qualifying
A member can qualify four ways each year:
1) Tournament Winner, 2) Top 3 in Spring, Summer, or Fall Seasons, 3) Top 5 in the angler of the year standings, or 4) Current active member who won the previous year’s classic title.
Article VI: Awards
The club shall use dues to award: tournament/season winners, final points, and/or champion’s classic winner. Awards are determined by the club during regular season meetings.
Article VII: Points
Section 1: Tournament Points System:
1st place shall receive 29 points, 2nd place will receive 24 points with following positions reducing by one point each
Section 2: Miscellaneous Points
1. 5 points given for members who fish the tournament but doesn't weigh in any fish
2. 1 bonus point for tournament lunker
3. 5 points for meetings (Meetings 1-3)